Join businesses, organisations and communities across the UK for WWF’s Earth Hour to show your support for a world with a brighter future.
It’s a brilliant opportunity to inspire your staff, colleagues and customers to appreciate the brilliant world we all share – and how we need to protect it.
What can businesses do this year?
1. Sign-up and show you support a sustainable future for our planet.
2. Spread the word and help us reach as many people as possible. You can promote Earth Hour to your employees, customers, suppliers and contacts through your website, newsletters, social media channels, in branches / stores or any other way you like!
3. Bring Earth Hour into your office by organising a sustainable lunch day – becausewhat’s good for the planet is good for people too. It can be as easy as swapping a Friday burger for a yummy vegetarian curry.
4. Let everyone know you’re taking part – once signed up you can share your plans on our UK event map. Whether you’re simply switching off your offices or organising a staff event, it’ll help bring Earth Hour to life across the UK and inspire others to join in.
5. And last but definitely not least, fundraise for WWF to support our vital environmental work. You could plan a ‘Wear it Bright’ day for employees to wear their brightest clothes to celebrate and suggest they give a small donation to support WWF.
For more ideas and ways to get involved, download our:
But it’s about so much more than an hour. So what can your business do beyond the hour?
- Share your Earth Hour story with us. If you’re doing something exciting let us know by emailing email@example.com – we’d love to know how you plan to take part, you may even be featured on the website!
- Addressing climate change is central to WWF’s work with business. We engage all kinds of business sectors in many ways to drive climate-safe business models and to accelerate moves towards a low carbon economy. Examples of our business engagements include our partnerships with HSBC, M&S, SABMiller and RSA, our finance programme looking at opportunities in low-carbon finance, our food programme looking at carbon savings through better consumption and production, our work with the energy sector to harness support for a renewables-rich energy future and our collection of low carbon innovations – find out more information on all our work with business.